Floating Away... Ukiyo-e by Takeuchi KeishÃ
Digital Zen Alarm Clock features
1) Alarm Function, features Now & Zen’s signature 10-minute wake up chime sequence—the perfect amount of time for your progressive awakening. The chime strikes gradually increase according to a golden ratio progression, which you can read about on pages 26-28 of the clock’s booklet, available on Now & Zen’s website.
(2) Countdown timer, perfect for meditation, counts backwards from any set time. It can be set from a minimum of 10 seconds to a maximum of 20 hours. When the timer reaches zero it strikes the chime once, and then begins its preprogrammed progression of chime strikes—striking again in 3 minutes, then in one minute—the same progression as the alarm sequence. We usually set ours for 20 minutes, but then linger in meditation for the first few chime strikes once the strike sequence begins.
(3) Interval timer, is perfect for yoga or other practices wherein a periodic reminder can help guide you through the practice. The interval timer uses the same function as the countdown timer except when it counts down to zero, it strikes only once and then begins counting down again from the pre-set time, continuously. We set the interval timer to strike every minute during yoga sessions to signal the time to change positions.
(4) Hour Chime, is a wonderful feature with many uses. The clock can be set to simply chime once on the hour every hour (muted automatically when the alarm is set, so you can sleep). We use this feature in our office to help the day go by, and when it rings on the hour it helps end meetings on time with a crisp “ding”.
Digital Zen Alarm Clocks, available in maple, walnut, bamboo, and black lacquer
(5) The Chime’s tone, the Digital Zen Clock comes in either a 7 inch “B Tone” or a 9 inch “E Tone” chime. These long-resonating acoustic chimes have been hand tuned using the natural Pythagorean tuning method to produce the same frequencies as the tuning forks used by musical therapists. The chime strike force can be set to “Low” or “High” to create a tone optimal for you.
(6) Power and light, the clock runs on AC power (plug included) or on 2 AA batteries (not included). The LCD display is lighted. When in battery mode the light comes on by touching any button and goes off automatically in 10 seconds to save power. When the clock is plugged in it can be set so that the display light stays on permanently.
Chime Alarm Clock - Soft Sounds Alarm Clocks
Now & Zen’s Acoustic Alarm Clock Shop
1638 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302