Soothing Gong Meditation Timers - It's exquisite sounds summon your consciousness out of your meditative state with a series of subtle gongs.
(HealthDay News) — There are many forms of mediation, most of which are rooted in ancient tradition.
For many people, it’s a great way to relax and soothe stress.
Here’s a summary of meditation’s common principles, courtesy of the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine:
- Find a quiet place with little sound or distracting activity.
- Find a position that’s comfortable for you, including sitting, lying down, walking or standing.
- Focus completely on meditation, which in practice may include repeating a word or phrase, focusing mentally on an object or focusing on breathing in a certain way.
- Have an open mind and learn to acknowledge life’s distractions without necessarily judging or acting on them.
- Set your Gong Meditation Timer for 20 minutes and relax.
adapted from abcnews.com by By Diana Kohnle
Although meditation can be done in almost any context, practitioners usually employ a quiet, tranquil space, a meditation cushion or bench, and some kind of timing device to time the meditation session. Ideally, the more these accoutrements can be integrated the better. Thus, it is conducive to a satisfying meditation practice to have a timer or clock that is tranquil and beautiful. Using a kitchen timer or beeper watch is less than ideal.
Gong and Chime Meditation Timers and Clocks
And it was with these considerations in mind that we designed our Zen Alarm Clock and practice timer. This unique “Zen Clock” features a long-resonating acoustic chime that brings the meditation session to a gradual close, preserving the environment of stillness while also acting as an effective time signal.
The Zen Clock can be programmed to chime at the end of the meditation session or periodically throughout the session as a kind of sonic yantra. The beauty and functionality of the Zen Clock/Timer makes it a meditation tool that can actually help you “make time” for meditation in your life.
Gong Meditation Timers - preserving the environment of stillness.
Now & Zen – The Gong Meditation Store
Downtown – Boulder, Colorado
1638 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302
Posted in Well-being, Yoga Timer, Zen Alarm Clock, Zen Timepiece by Now & Zen, Zen Timers